Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, August 5, 2010

More Running?

The past few runs have been brutal! The heat and humidity have cause me to slow things down by nearly a full minute per mile. While the pace still isn’t too bad, it is not where I would like it to be. However, I guess that if I am still running at a decent pace in these horrible conditions, perhaps when September & October roll around I will be running at or at least near my optimal performance. I wouldn’t mind running Chicago at a 10 minute mile pace, and that will probably be my goal pace, but if I end up faster than that I will be quite happy.

Made a few adjustments to the August running schedule and I’m on pace to set a personal single month record. As long as I stick to the plan I will have accumulated at least 115 miles this month, and September looks to be even higher still, pushing 140 miles! The tally so to date and the projected running through the end of the year brings me pretty near 700 miles for 2010, and that is something I hope to increase for 2011.

With September right around the corner I have to start thinking about a few things. 1) in less than 2 weeks I will be running my first race since the Flying Pig half in May - the Bethel 10k, 2) in just over a month I will be running the Air Force half again - hoping to best last year’s time and seriously desiring to beat a certain, unnamed person’s last half marathon time (I need to post a sub 2-hour time), 3) October is just around the corner - and while I have exceed my first set goal for funds raised for OAR, I still have some work to do and some money to pull together for autism research. If you are interesting in giving, click here OAR/Firstgiving - it will take you directly to my fund raising page. Thanks in advance, and thanks for supporting Runner With a Reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment