Runner WIth a Reason

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finding the Routine Again

Well, it has been about seven weeks since my wonderful wife did her last run, but she decided to hit the snow covered paths with me this morning. After having a nice breakfast, listening to some good instruction (life, theology, philosophy), and quick kitchen clean up, we embarked on a short run.

The Flying Pig Marathon/Half Marathon is now 14 weeks away. Our official training for the half doesn’t begin for another week, but I think it’s a good thing to get out a bit early as opposed to a bit late - things went slow this morning, but things went well! Using the Galloway Run/Walk we used a nice 2:1 ratio and ran at her pace. It was a beautiful morning to get out there with the temperature around 40 degrees, so in spite of snow covered sidewalks and roads, we ran.

We have a long way to go, but I am confident that we will be able to finish her first half marathon with an average pace of 10:45/mile. A haughty goal, but one I do believe that she will be able to achieve.

As a side note, I just want to send out a big thank you to a certain person who graciously gave me a gift the other day. What I do at work I do not consider to be too far above and beyond what a normal person in my position does, but every now and then someone notices. This certain person gave me a gift card to Ronker’s Running Spot, a well thought gift and one that will come in handy too soon as I will be looking for a pair of minimalist shoes - and that will be just the place I go first. So, to you who gave such a wonderful gift, “Thank You Very, Very Much!”

No comments:

Post a Comment