Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Push To the End

I am finding it hard to believe, but I am less than four weeks away from my trip to Chicago! When I would think about this over the past few months it felt so far away. Now, as I think about it I get excited inside - perhaps a little anxious, but mostly excited. As I push towards the goal of finishing my first marathon I also push towards a goal of reaching $500 in charitable funds for OAR. When I started back in May/June that amount seemed a little high and hard to reach, but as I am rapidly approaching the race date, it seems more attainable, more doable, a little more easy than I had expected.

There are two groups that I really haven’t even tapped into yet that I plan on seeking funds from over the next few weeks; my family and co-workers. My hope is that between these two groups I will be able to exceed my goal of $500 and be much closer to the $1,000 mark before race day.

I realized that money is extremely tight right now, it certainly is in my house, but even if everyone I know gives even $2 I would blow even my thousand dollar goal out of the water. For those few that read this, take a minute or two to think about who you know that might be able to help contribute to this noble cause. Autism is such a challenge to deal with, let alone find more about what it really is and how it comes about. By giving to OAR you are helping provide necessary funds for scientific research specifically for autism. As a parent with an autistic child I can’t emphasize enough how much this means.

So if you can give $2 or $200 I, and so many others, would greatly appreciate it. Understanding autism in all its various forms along the spectrum is what this organization is all about. Please consider giving and thank you in advance. Click on the OAR Giving link on the right side of the page - it really is quick and easy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aaron,

    Thought you might enjoy reading about a very talented runner with autism, my daughter, Asia Renning http://asiarenning.blogspot.com/

    Asia is a member of a marathon training team in Ann Arbor. 60 or so of her teammates are racing at Chicago, and we may go over to cheer them on. If we do, we'll try to see you and wish you well.

    Have a great race. It'w wonderful what you're doing.

    Adair

    ReplyDelete