Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Milestones

I don’t remember a time when I was covering so much distance on my two feet. Even while in the Marines I don’t think I ever racked up the mileage quite like I have so far this year. Sure, I would run Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Sure, there were full-gear forced marches between 5 - 20 miles, but I never traversed this far. I still have nearly three full months left of this year and so far I have covered 520 miles. Not too long ago I crossed that 500 mile mark and I am shooting to run 700 for this year - or more if my body will allow it. I've put in a lot of miles this year and the shoes are starting to show it. Here they are new(er). Similar picture to follow after Chicago.

So that’s one milestone for me, crossing 500 miles in a single year, all on my feet. Secondly I am excited to say that through the efforts of so many wonderful people I have crossed the $500 mark in my fund raising! There are still some “pledged” funds still out there, but I am glad to say that I have met my first fund raising goal, and actually exceeded that! Now I am shooting for the $1,000 mark before the Chicago Marathon. Will you help? You don't have to drop a "Five Spot" like this to help! Even a $5 contribution makes a difference. I appreciate every penny that comes in.

Thanks to all who have given so far and thanks in advance to those who will be giving! It means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment