Runner WIth a Reason

Friday, July 23, 2010

Training Run (7/21/2010)

The Agony of da’Feet

Yesterday was pretty nice. An late afternoon storm rolled through and brought the temperature down a notch, but left the humidity in place and slightly rising, but it was comfortable enough to get in a six mile run. Right from the start things were going well, pace was nice, around 9 minutes per mile and there was a wonderful rainbow for me to look at from the start through about mile 3. I slowed my pace down to 9:20/mile and settled down for the remaining three miles.

I had made a turn into the Bethel Cemetery right after hitting mile four, still holding a good pace. Breathing was even and unlabored in spite of the humidity and the legs were holding up nicely. But just before exiting the cemetery around mile 4.5 the left foot started to give me to serious stabbing pains. I stopped at the exit and stretched the foot for about 30 seconds and carried on for about another half mile. The pain wouldn’t go away and continued to get worse. Plantar faciitis had me in it’s nasty grips once again during a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment