Runner WIth a Reason

Friday, July 2, 2010

Training Update

Yesterday I put in a couple of miles at work mowing grass (yet again), and after work I headed the YMCA to meet up with the family. Noah had a friend spending the day with him, and it was nice for them to have some time swimming in the pool together. Before getting into the water myself I headed to the weight room to get some iron time in. I did a really quick circuit hitting most of the major muscle areas and pretty much wore myself out in a short time period. Not thinking too much I left and went directly to the pool for some laps. I thought about getting in 400m, but that wasn’t going to happen. Tina and the kids were about done and getting hungry, so I cut short, rather, in half what I wanted to swim. It was good because after 200m I was pretty spent (seeing as how I had just done a lot of lifting I was tired before I started the laps).

Woke up early this morning and decided that, at 55 degrees and 70% humidity, I should get my butt out the door running. A little cool to start, but I quickly got warmed up. My left foot was a bit tender to start and kept me slow at first. After about the first mile the pain started to subside and I was running at about 90%. Felt really good and even got a couple of 100 yard sprints in during the run. Ran the longest I’ve run since the Flying Pig Half in May and finished with 6.9 miles with a 9:16/mile pace. Not too bad!

Hoping the healing continues on the current track and if it does I should be back to 100% within a couple more weeks. May make a trip to the Good Feet Store to try some of their inserts to see it if helps on these longer runs. In addition to everything else I have decided I want to try the 100 push up challenge - and I challenge everyone else to try it as well. I will be doing my initial test this coming week and will keep everyone abreast of how that’s going as well. If you’d like to join me go to: http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment