Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Training Run (5/21/2010)

Another good day to run. Even though the humidity was high (due to passing and pending storms), the temperature kept it feeling not so bad. The humidity did keep me running a slower pace, but one that was comfortable for the duration. I ran a nice 5.05 miles in 45:50, which averages about 9:05/mile. I find it interesting that I can continue to find new routes to run in the little town of Bethel. I found a nice lane that provides about 3/4 mile that has virtually zero traffic, and it is right near the 1 & 1/3 mile track. Picking up mileage here and there has been a challenge, but one I look forward to. Longer workouts get a little tougher, but anything beyond 10 miles heeds a trip to the local state park.

Just as a quick update. I have reached my goal for tomorrow’s Walk Now for Autism Speaks walk! I actually went a little over, but will be able to transfer some of it towards Noah’s goal. I am really looking forward to seeing a large group of people in support of autism. Last weekend saw the walk in Chicago and this weekend will cover Cincinnati, Southern New Jersey, Wheeling, WV, Atlanta and one other in Pennsylvania. There are walks still coming in Canada in June and September. Tomorrow’s event here in Cincinnati should be fun, as long as the weather permits. Coney Island is a fun place to be, and the park opens on this date for this reason only. The park uses the walk as a sort of training run for its employees, so autism rules old Coney, at least for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment