Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Recovery Run

Well, it has been nearly 96 hours since I last ran and I am beyond ready to get back out there and hit the pavement. My legs are back to normal and I think I have probably put back on about three or four of the seven pounds I lost over the Flying Pig weekend. Kids are off to school, things around the house are in decent shape, and my head is telling me to put a few miles in. The question I have for myself now is, “how far should I run?” This is pre-run thinking and I am more than sure my body will tell me how far to go once I’m running. That said, I will shoot for an easy four to five miles. Off for water and stretching, more to follow after the run.

What a beautiful day for a run. 64 degrees and low humidity made this a great day for a recovery run. The first half to three quarters of a mile were the worst. I was stiff like crazy and felt as though I wouldn’t be able to make it past the two mile mark, but I persisted. The second and third miles felt much better and the fourth mile even more so. Mile 1 was the slowest at 10:49 and mile four was the fastest at 10:16.

Having recently put in a 16.2 mile weekend I feel pretty darn good. Looking forward to starting the new training cycle next week. I hope and plan to sit down soon and map my summer out by doing a modified version of my winter/spring training cycle. I will add one thing to my weekly training routine for the summer that was absent durning the winter/spring cycle - swimming! As soon as I get that finished I will post, in some form or fashion, the entire training cycle.

Until then, keep training and don’t try to force someone with autism to make direct eye contact with you - it really makes them uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment