Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Training Run (5/27/2010)

There are some days when you really have to question why it is you are a runner. Today was such a day. The sky is blue with patchy clouds, temperature is a nice 75 degrees, but the humidity is 92% and breathing, let alone breathing while running, is laborious and the sweat never stops. Today I question my sanity for running. Not only did I post a horrible time for a five mile run, but even now, nearly a half hour later in air conditioning I cannot stop sweating!

The sweat started at about the 1/2 mile mark, and by sweat I mean pouring out of my skin at rates I thought were impossible. This reminds me of when I was in Po’hang, South Korea in 1995. Our running there was about the same, only the temperatures at 6:30 am were at about 85 degrees with 95% humidity. Beautiful country, but awful to exercise in during August. Thankfully I shouldn’t have to endure temps and humidity like that just yet, but today was close.

In other RWR news: There are a couple of fund raising events coming up. The first will be an aluminum can drive at the end of June, the other (as yet to be determined time in July) involves me flipping a rather large tire over 300 yards. As we get close to these events I will post more information as to times, locations, and how the funds will be received. Thanks for stopping by and remember to share RWR with your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment