Runner WIth a Reason

Friday, May 14, 2010

Training Run (5/14/2010)

Busted out of the gate fast this morning; maybe a bit too fast considering the high humidity and the minimal amount of water before the run. Took a slightly different 3 mile route this morning and checked out a small sub-division I’ve never been through (and I have lived near it for six yeas now). Nothing unusual about this run, but I can certainly say that the humidity is really thick and I can’t stop sweating. Pounding the water now and getting a little post run stretching in. Here’s the workout breakdown.
Mile 1: 8:40
Mile 2: 9:07
Mile 3: 10:27
I started a little faster than I wanted and eventually got into a groove, but that groove didn’t last long due to an overheating body. Next week I hope to get back into the mid-range runs (5-8 miles) and bring back the camel back hydration system.

Did you know that there are many wonderful athletes with autism? While many are not household names, people like Anthony Crudale, Andrew Bryant, Jonathon Brunot, and Alex Bain are accomplished runners with ASD. There are just a few and they cover a broad array of the spectrum (between high & low functioning). Take a little time today to look into other sports with athletes with ASD, you might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment