Runner WIth a Reason

Thursday, May 13, 2010

End of the Semester . . . sigh


Well, things aren’t exactly going the way I had planned for this week. It is the final week of my spring semester of school and I have been swamped all week. Papers, tests, and other assignments have kept me indoors (along with poor weather) all week. However, I am nearly finished with the final paper for the semester and have only one more page to write and then I get a wonderful, much needed and anticipated break from school While this break will only last five weeks, that is five weeks I can really focus on getting a routine started for the new training cycle.

Looking ahead I plan on having a similar routine that I had the first four months of this year; weights and other cross training Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays, runs for Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays. One thing I hope to incorporate into this training cycle is more time in the pool. I really thing this will be a great help to me and will increase my cardio performance in the long run. Adding laps in the pool with various strokes should help me cut a few more seconds off of each mile and build more lactic acid tolerance.

I hope to maintain my current weight throughout this cycle as well, not going above 160 pounds. Seeing as how I dropped nearly seven pounds during the Flying Pig half recently, I do plan to bulk up a little bit towards the end of the cycle to compensate for weight loss during the Chicago full. 26.2 miles is a long way to run, and four hours of running can burn tons of calories including a little fat around the edges.

I will post to both Facebook and Twitter whenever I run (before and after) so be sure to drop by there and check out how I am progressing throughout the next few months. Only 149 days until Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment