Runner WIth a Reason

Monday, May 17, 2010

Unscheduled Run & Logo Update

Well, yesterday was a pretty nice day. Slow to start, but things got accomplished around the house. The afternoon soccer game for our oldest daughter went well, and the weather was nice throughout that. Spending time with friends afterwards was nice as well. Upon coming home I just felt like I needed to get out for a little while, laced up the shoes, and headed out for a short run in the rain. The weather wasn't bad, a light rain that kept me cool enough to get through the run without getting overheated, and I managed to get in an unscheduled 3 miler that I kept a 9:39 pace. By the looks of the extended forecast, it was probably a good thing I got this run in - another week of mostly rain/storms may keep me indoors or at the gym. So getting out in the weather yesterday evening was kind of nice. I don't usually get to run in the evenings this time of year.

At any rate, after looking at the logo design for a few days I made some slight adjustments. I first thought about making the RWaR with the lowercase "a" instead of the all caps initial design. But, after looking at that for a few minutes I decided to get rid of the "a" altogether. In addition I wanted to have something in the design that incorporated why I was running, namely, something about autism. Since my runner did not have a body I decided to give him one by using "ASD", which for those who don't know stands for autism spectrum disorder. Take a look at the first and second round and give me some feedback. I am hoping to get some stickers/magnets made of the design once I have a finalized version (for use during the fund raising events throughout the summer).

At any rate, I am going to get into the swing of things this week, back to the grind of training. With a modified weight/cardio program in addition to the running I hope to gain some ground in dropping time in future runs. I am pretty sure I will be running the Air Force half marathon in September as a training run, and to give me some idea of where my training has be to that point. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be sure to post more throughout the week.

1 comment:

  1. I took some time today to check this out, since you have posts on FB all the time:) I absolutely love it, Aaron. You are an inspiration - the logo is fab with the ASD as the body. I like it better than the first one. Also, let me know about baking fundraisers, I make delicious choc chip cookies thanks to my friends recipe!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete