Runner WIth a Reason

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Training Run (5/19/2010)

Today was an awesome day to run. The weather was decent (meaning there were no drops of rain falling on me as I ran), the temperature was very good (a tad below 60 degrees), and I was well hydrated and stretched before hitting the pavement. Had a weird thing going on with the back of my knee for the first 3/4 mile or so, but after a while it just went away. My first mile was a bit slower than the rest, but I think that was because of the knee thing. So here's the breakdown:

Mile 1: 9:13
Mile 2: 8:12
Mile 3: 7:12
Mile 4: 8:21

Not completely sure about mile 3, but I think it may have something to do with the music (I think it was Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden). It must have subconsciously pushed me a little. No matter, I still felt pretty darn good after the run. To save you a little time those times roughly equal about an 8:15/mile pace - which is pretty good for me. Hoping to keep it up and have more times in that 7 minute range before too long.

Thanks to a few I have started building a new running playlist (musically). If you aren't linked up through the Facebook Fan Page, in the comments section for this post, give me 2-3 songs (title & artist) that I can add to my training music. After I have amassed over 4 hours of music I will publish it through iTunes, Facebook, and here at the RWR blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment